Our April Member of the Month is Russell Romney! Russell joined us in January and has been quick to connect with the 100state community. He can always be found sparking some witty (sometimes too witty), and insightful conversation with fellow members. Learn more about this star developer below!
What motivates you?
I’m motivated by doing things that I enjoy, that are interesting, that are challenging, and that have a good reason for being done.
Why do you work out of a Coworking space? And more importantly, why 100state?
- little separation of work and home
- fewer opportunities to meet new people, encounter new ideas, and hear about cool events
- it can be hard to impose structure on your day – 11am work doesn’t feel to different from 7pm work (or ), so you sometimes don’t feel an urgent need to set your working hours apart from relaxation and social events
- a sense of community
- a source of external motivation – when you see people working hard on cool things, it makes me want to work harder on what I’m doing
- an expanded social network
- an expanded ideas network
- structured differences between home and work
- “free” coffee
I chose 100state because the first day I walked in and worked for a few hours, I felt excited to come back the next day! But more specifically, the people are very social and interesting and the diversity of workers and ideas is excellent. 100state is also centrally located in Madison, has a great office space, and its building offers bike parking and a small but useful gym.
Who do you look at as a role model, and why?
What is your favorite100state memory?
What inspires you to keep going/pursuing your dream?
When you’re not at 100state, where can you be found?